I’m closing out this week in a totally meta way in my newsletter: 10 other journalism newsletters that you should check out, well, apart from mine.
But I also want to start something and post the top five stories based on what you have been clicking through to in my newsletter.
- Like most media, podcasting is pivoting to paid (with complications)
From Max Willens, Digiday
- 7 reasons a freelance journalist should start a podcast, by my friend
Suchandrika Chakrabarti, on Muck Rack
- Why platforms like Facebook and Apple struggle to boost local news | What’s New in Publishing | Digital Publishing News, a great piece by Simon Owens, on What’s News in Publishing, where I also have been known to write.
- The Telegraph’s roadmap to 1m paying subscribers and financial sustainability, by Ian Burrell in The Drum
- How publishers are using Snapchat’s curated stories tool for breaking news and more, by Kerry Flynn, in Digiday
I hope that you have a great weekend, and remember, if you have any good stories that I should include in the newsletter, let me know @kevglobal on Twitter.